This DevOps Engineer position is heavily focused towards Kubernetes.
A Digital Venture team, backed by a FTSE 100 company, are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer with great communication skills. This new venture sets out to do things differently – taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you’ll certainly not be bored!
The team uses Open Source tools deployed in the Azure environment.
The primary Responsibilities are:
- Build the dev/uat/prod environments for the company’s Projects.
- Respond to issues of all sizes, from major outages to minor alerts, and fix or escalate as needed.
- Work with subject matter experts to learn new skills and bring them “home” to the team.
- Create and tweak alerts to improve our monitoring.
- Incident coordination, including sending mobile alerts to other Engineering teams based on the size and scope of incidents.
- Solve problems and prevent them from happening again
- Write and refine our troubleshooting guides and documentation.
- Experience in DevOps or a responsive engineering role.
- Strong background in Linux and/or Windows administration (you know the drill)
- Knowledge of version control software and concepts (preferably Git)
- Strong understanding of HTTP and TCP/IP
- Understanding of Application Security and Information Security controls (OWASP, ISO2700*)
- Excellent communication skills including ability to translate between “Engineering” and “Business”
- You do your best even if no one is watching.
- A sense of humour and teamwork.
- Collaborative, cheerful and nice to be around.
Would be awesome if you had knowledge of:
- Monitoring platforms: DataDog, Zabbix, or similar
- Logging platforms: ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack).
- Time series data platforms: Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana
- Caching technology: Redis, Memcached
- Configuration management tools: Puppet, Consul, SaltStack
- Ticketing systems: ServiceNow, Jira, or similar
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Hashicorp Terraform
Production Environment Build experience
- API gateways
- Swagger, GraphQL
- Setting up CI/CD pipeline
- Experience of Agile (Scrum & Kanban)
- Git version control, working in a team environment.
- Understand ‘Infrastructure as code’
- Experience in “Pipeline as code’
- Mobile app development (IOS & Android)
- Test driven development (TDD) & writing of unit tests
- Technical stack: React, Node JS, Salesforce, HTML5, CSS3, Azure, AWS, MySQL, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes
- Nice to have worked within start-up environments or incubators