- 8. Sep
Kubeless is a Kubernetes-native serverless framework. It runs on top of your Kubernetes cluster and allows you to deploy a small unit of code without having to build container images. With kubeless you can build advanced applications that tie together services using functions. It is designed to be deployed on top of a Kubernetes cluster and take advantage of all the great Kubernetes primitives. If you are looking for an open source serverless solution that clones what you can find on AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, and Google Cloud Functions, Kubeless is for you!
- Support for Python, Node.js, Ruby, PHP, Golang, .NET, Ballerina and custom runtimes
- CLI compliant with AWS Lambda CLI
- Event triggers using Kafka messaging system and HTTP events
- Prometheus monitoring of functions calls and function latency by default
- Serverless Framework plugin
How does it work? Check it out!
Kubeless uses a Custom Resource Definition to be able to create functions as custom kubernetes resources. It then runs an in-cluster controller that watches these custom resources and launches runtimes on-demand. The controller dynamically injects the function's code into the runtimes and make them available over HTTP or via a PubSub mechanism.