- 28. Sep
Argo is an open source container-native workflow engine for getting work done on Kubernetes. Argo is implemented as a Kubernetes CRD (Custom Resource Definition).
- Define workflows where each step in the workflow is a container.
- Model multi-step workflows as a sequence of tasks or capture the dependencies between tasks using a graph (DAG).
- Easily run compute intensive jobs for machine learning or data processing in a fraction of the time using Argo workflows on Kubernetes.
- Run CI/CD pipelines natively on Kubernetes without configuring complex software development products.
- Argo is designed from the ground up for containers without the overhead and limitations of legacy VM and server-based environments.
- Argo is cloud agnostic and can run on any kubernetes cluster.
- Argo with Kubernetes puts a cloud-scale supercomputer at your fingertips.
- DAG or Steps based declaration of workflows
- Artifact support (S3, Artifactory, HTTP, Git, raw)
- Step level input & outputs (artifacts/parameters)
- Timeouts (step & workflow level)
- Retry (step & workflow level)
- Resubmit (memoized)
- Suspend & Resume
- K8s resource orchestration
- Exit Hooks (notifications, cleanup)
- Garbage collection of completed workflow
- Scheduling (affinity/tolerations/node selectors)
- Volumes (ephemeral/existing)
- Parallelism limits
- Daemoned steps
- DinD (docker-in-docker)
- Script steps