- 13. Oct
PowerfulSeal adds chaos to your Kubernetes clusters, so that you can detect problems in your systems as early as possible. It kills targeted pods and takes VMs up and down.
Embrace the inevitable failure. Embrace The Seal.
- works with OpenStack, AWS and local machines
- speaks Kubernetes natively
- interactive and autonomous, policy-driven mode
- metric collection and exposition to Prometheus
- minimal setup, easy yaml-based policies
- easy to extend
How is it different from Chaos Monkey ?
PowerfulSeal was inspired by Chaos Monkey, but it differs in a couple of important ways.
The Seal does:
- speak Kubernetes
- offer flexible, easy to write YAML scenarios
- provide interactive mode with awesome tab-completion
The Seal doesn't:
- need external dependencies (db, Spinnaker), apart from SSH, cloud and Kubernetes API access
- need you to setup cron