Redmine is a free and open source, web-based project management and issue tracking tool. It allows users to manage multiple projects and associated subprojects. It features per-project wikis and forums, time tracking, and flexible, role-based access control. It includes a calendar and Gantt charts to aid visual representation of projects and their deadlines. Redmine integrates with various version control systems and includes a repository browser and diff viewer.
The design of Redmine is significantly influenced by Trac, a software package with some similar features.
Redmine is written using the Ruby on Rails framework. It is cross-platform and cross-database and supports 34 languages.
Multiple projects support
- Manage all your projects with one Redmine instance
- Each user can have a different role on each project
- Each project can be declared as public (visible by anyone) or private (visible by project members only)
- Modules (eg. wiki, repository, issue tracking, …) can be enabled/disabled at project level
Multiple subproject support
- Manage related project parts as subprojects of a main project.
Flexible role based access control
- Define your own roles and set their permissions in a click
Flexible issue tracking system
Define your own statuses and issue types
- Workflow transitions can be set up for each issue type and role through the web-based administration interface (a default configuration can be loaded when installing the application)
Gantt chart and calendar
- Automatic Gantt and calendar based on issues start and due dates
Time tracking functionality
- Time can be entered at project or ticket level
- The simple report to view time per user, issue type, category or activity
- You can define your own custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects, and users
- Different formats are available: text, date, boolean, integers, drop-down lists and checkboxes
- Custom fields can be displayed on the issue list and used as filters just like regular fields
News, documents & files management
- You can easily post messages and share files
Per project wiki and forums
- Wiki uses textile syntax and free linking within the wiki using brackets
- Diff and annotate views are available
Repository browser and diff viewer
- Existing repositories can be attached to each of your projects
- Redmine lets you browse their contents, view and search changesets
Diff and annotate (aka blame) viewer
- Supported SCM: Subversion, CVS, Mercurial, Bazaar, and Git.
- Leeds & email notifications
- Project activity, changesets, news, issues, issue changes are available as Atom feeds
Multiple LDAP authentication support
- Redmine lets you authenticate users against multiple LDAP
- Accounts can be created on-the-fly when a user is found in the directory (optional)
User self-registration support
- Optionally, you can allow users to register online
- 3 account activation methods are available: automatic (no confirmation required), manual (by administrators) or through an auto-generated URL sent via email
Multiple databases support
- Redmine runs with MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite
Third Party Tools
Here you can find a list of tools which are provided by the Redmine community. Note that these tools are not officially supported by Redmine so please don’t open bugs or feature request about them in this Redmine instance. Instead, try to contact the creators or someone using it on the IRC channel.
- Orangutan: a standalone Jabber bot written in Perl that helps track work time [Author: Andriy Lesyuk]
IRC bot plugins
- Typethink Redmine Linker: a plugin for Eggdrop creating direct links to Redmine issues [Author: Rami Kassab for Typethink]
- RBot Redmine plugin: a plugin for RBot creating direct links to Redmine issues [Author: James Turnbull]
- Supybot/Limnoria Redmine plugin: a plugin for Supybot/Limnoria that displays pieces of information and direct links to Redmine
- Redmine Mylyn Connector: an Eclipse plugin which lets you use Redmine as a task repository for Mylyn [Author: Sven Krzyzak]
- Netbeans Redmine Integration
- Netbeans Task Repository
- Visual Studio Redmine Task List
- PyCharm Native Redmine Support
SVN/GIT client integrations
- Tortoise Redmine Issues Plugin: a Tortoise SVN/GIT plugin that lets Tortoise read the Redmine issues list ATOM feed to choose issues and associated issues with commit messages. This adds a new button to the Tortoise SVN interface. Works with Tortoise 1.5.x/1.6.x & Redmine trunk (tested in 0.8 + 0.9.2)
- Please Report bugs http://code.google.com/p/redmine-projects/issues/list
- Wiki: http://code.google.com/p/redmine-projects/w/list
- Provides a plugin for Tortoise SVN/GIT/Hg for Redmine issue tracking.
- Once this plugin is installed and configured you will have a new button in your TortoiseSVN/GIT/Hg commit window that will give you direct access to a list of Redmine issues that you can select to include in your commit message.
Perforce server integration
- P4DTG: Engine with GUI that replicates issues and jobs in both directions.
Mobile phone applications
- Kever Ultra modern simple Redmine iOS application with custom dashboard and reporting
- RedminePM for iPhone/iPad is an iPhone/iPad client for Redmine. Multilingual – English, Japanese, German, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, French, Italian, Turkish and Korean languages support.
- Rougemine is THE mobile solution developed by experience users of Redmine ( multiple Redmine account / native designed for both iPhone and iPad… ). More info: http://rougemine.opsone.net/ Download on http://appstore.com/rougemine/
- iRedmine is an App designed for iPhone and iPod touch that provides easy access to Redmine projects on the go. The iRedmine source code is available on GitHub: git clone git://github.com/wwk/iRedmine.git
- RedminePro: an iOS App to access Redmine Projects anywhere and anytime by directly interact with the Redmine sites through the REST API.
- RedmineApp – Redmine for iPhone is a native iPhone client for Redmine. View, create and edit issues, keep track of activities and more… http://getredmineapp.com
- RedmineApp on the App Store: http://bit.ly/RmA-AppStore
- RedmineR simple iPhone client for Redmine. Use Redmine on the road via the REST API
- BugBranch iPhone and iPad client for Redmine, Jira, Trac, Subversion, Mercurial, Git, and more.
- Redmine Mobile is an iPhone client for Redmine. You can view, create and edit issues and projects, keep track of activities using Redmine Mobile. It’s totally free on App Store(https://itunes.apple.com/app/redmine-mobile/id680505406?ls=1&mt=8) and open-sourced under MIT license on Github(https://github.com/zhijie/redmine-mobile).
- HiveMine A clean and simple Redmine client for the iPhone
- Redminer is an application, you can control the work progress and keep in touch with the executors while away from the work computer,
- mintRedmine is an Android application that supports all the features including issues browsing, custom query and time tracking.
- MyMine: Redmine for Android is a Holo designed Android client supporting multi-servers, multi projects, issue editing, wiki and much more
- OpenRedmine is a Redmine client which is totally free on Play Store(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.redmine.redmineclient&hl=en) and open-sourced under GPLv2+ on Github(https://github.com/indication/OpenRedmine).
- RedminePM for Android is an Android client for Redmine. Multilingual!
- RedMiner Droid is an Android client for Redmine.
- RedTime is an Android time tracking app that uses Redmine 1.2 as backend.
- Redmine Time Tracker The timer Redmine is an irreplaceable assistant as for people with a mad rhythm of life, and for prudent strategists, whose time – the major resource demanding separate attention.
- Redmine Client is a client for Redmine.
- Redmine To Go – Windows Phone app with offline editing and wiki browser
- FORFORCE Redmine Client: RMClient is a reliable timer for recording the work hours in the Redmine project management system. You can track the time you spend on each project, easily filter, search and edit specific tasks, change issue status, as well as assign it to other users. The app notifies you about new tasks. Works with Redmine 1.3.x—3.x.
- Redmine Client: Allows creating issues and logging time spent on them from the desktop. Tested just on Windows and Linux but should work on any platform supported by Mono. Also includes the library usable by other tools aiming to interact with Redmine.
- Redmine Client: A time logging software, integrated with the desktop (windows, mac), enabling to log time in Redmine by a single click. Also enables to navigate through issues with the direct link for standard web access to issue, projects, versions.
- Redmine Desktop Client: Allows creating/editing issues and logging time spent on them from the desktop. It is a port of the original Redmine Client to use the REST API of Redmine 1.1 and up.
- RedTimer Redmine Time Tracker: An easy-to-use platform-independent time tracker which allows the user to track time while working on an issue.
- Redmine Toolbar: Firefox add-on to increase handling of Redmine projects by providing shortcut buttons to the most important Redmine pages. The source code is available on GitHub
- Redmine Easy Submit Firefox add-on to easily create an issue (with screenshot possibility, draw on the screenshot, for a web app). You can easily reach your opened, assigned, created tickets. You can also handle discussions on your tickets. The source code is available on GitHub
- Redmine Timer: A Redmine time tracking button for Firefox. Also adds a customize-able list of projects so you can easily start/stop timing your work. Uses the standard Redmine time to track features.
- Redmine Extended
- Redmine Issues Checker
- Redmine Notification Extension
- Redminer: Open new issues in Redmine from Chrome and check new issues assigned to you with real-time notifications. The current URL is sent to issue so you can report bugs easily while surfing the web.
- Redmine Timer: A Redmine time tracking button for Chrome. Also adds a customize-able list of projects so you can easily start/stop timing your work. Uses the standard Redmine time to track features.
- Taco Prioritize Redmine issues alongside your work from 40+ other applications and services, including Basecamp todos, Gmail and IMAP flagged emails, GitHub Issues, Trello cards, Wunderlist tasks, and Zendesk tickets.
- Redmine.module provides a basic API to Redmine for Drupal
- Clockify: Clockify is a free time tracker and timesheet app for teams that are integrated with Redmine so you can track time directly from Redmine issues.
Test Case Management
- PractiTest: PractiTest is a lightweight SaaS QA & Test Management solution, enables to organize tests, runs, and requirements. Two-way integration with Redmine!
- TestRail: TestRail is a web-based test case management software to manage, track and organize software testing efforts.
- TestLodge: Online test case management tool, allowing you to manage your test plans, test cases and test runs with ease.
- Klaros-Testmanagement: The free Community Edition of Klaros-Testmanagement supports the integration with Redmine.
- Test Collab: Test Collab is a web-based test case management tool with simplest and easy to understand AJAX-enabled UI. It offers great features like issue manager integrations, time forecasting, time tracking, and in-built reporting. It supports issue manager integration with famous bug tracking tools like Jira, Redmine, Unfuddle, Mantis, Lighthouse, FogBugz. Test Collab is available in both: SaaS and Self-hosted editions.
- SpiraTest: SpiraTest is an integrated Requirements and Test Management system that has the ability to log bugs during a test run and synchronize them with an instance of Redmine.
- TestCaseDB: TestCaseDB is an open source test case management application built on Ruby on Rails. Quite simple but does the job and naive integration with Redmine (checks ticket status).
Build and release management
- Redmine Plugin for Jenkins/Hudson: See and access issues from build job view
Maven Redmine Integration
- The plugin has the following goals:
- display-data display some data from a Redmine server.
- generate-changes generates the changes.xml files from issues of the project from a Redmine server.
- publish-attachments publish some files as the attachment for the version of the project on a Redmine server.
- publish-news publish a news for the project on a Redmine server.
- generate-email-announcement generates the body of the email to send for a release using issues for the Redmine server.
- generate-news-announcement generates the body of the announcement’s news to publish for a release using issues for the Redmine server.
- update-version update the version of the project (close version) on a Redmine server.
- next-version creates (if not exists) the version for the project on a Redmine server.
- help display help about the plugin (goals, usage).
- RedmineReport: a JASreport Solution. Open, free and effective – one step ahead
- Redmine Reports ready-to-use reports for Redmine and the combat List & Label tool.
- Jredmine (implements its own Redmine plugin and corresponding Java client – more other/features than the Redmine REST API)
- Conceptual Model
Redmine 1.3 Conceptual Model
- UML class diagram displaying Redmine 1.3 concepts and their relationships, as seen in Administrator’s menu