SuiteCRM is a free and open source Customer Relationship Management application. Open source CRM is often used as an alternative to proprietary CRM software from major corporations such as Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications. SuiteCRM is a software fork of the popular customer relationship management (CRM) system from SugarCRM. The SuiteCRM project started when SugarCRM decided to stop development of its open source version. The base SuiteCRM application is built on the last open-source SugarCRM release. SuiteCRM is a greatly extended version of SugarCRM which also contains many additional security fixes that are not available in SugarCRM. It was originally released on October 21, 2013, as version 7.0, and provides upgrade paths for existing SugarCRM users.
SuiteCRM won the BOSSIE Award 2015 and BOSSIE Award 2016 for the world’s best Open Source CRM. Infoworld, the curators of the BOSSIE awards stated that “In little more than a year, SuiteCRM has inspired the community and emerged as a new leader in open source CRM.” The award had been won by SugarCRM for the previous 8 years.
SuiteCRM has been downloaded more than 800,000 times since the original release. A community of nearly 90,000 developers and collaborators has joined the project. It has been adopted by NHS (National Health Service) England’s Code4Health programme which seeks to foster open source in the NHS in England.
SuiteCRM comprises the last release of the SugarCRM Community Edition, plus the following additional modules:
- PDF Templates
- Google Maps
- Teams Security
- Responsive Theme
- Outlook plugin
In addition to the new modules, extensive bug fixes and many enhancements to the core functionality have been made. There have been over fifty updates since the original project was released. A six-month release cycle is maintained with bug fix and security releases being made available between major releases.
A Bug Tracker is maintained at Github.
The SuiteCRM project has stated that every line of code released by the project is and will always be open source. The suite CRM project is intended to be an enterprise-class open source alternative to proprietary alternatives.
A project Roadmap is available that details planned enhancements.
An active public support forum with more than 85,000 members is available for free support and is regularly monitored and updated by the Project team at SalesAgility the official maintainer of SuiteCRM.
A directory of extensions is available where both free and paid-for enhancements are available.
Project documentation is available here for developers, administrators and users.
Provide your sales agents with a clear overview of their leads, allowing them to detect new opportunities and close deals easier and faster.
- The best CRM for sales: With SuiteCRM you have a clear overview of your leads, allowing you to detect new opportunities and close deals easier and faster. Grow your pipeline and increase the revenue, while staying in full control of your own data.
- Manage your leads: Fast loading, customizable lead lists views help you detect the best leads with ease, and categorize them accurately. Reduce response time for your clients and spend more talking to them.
- Detailed lead views allow you to view all relevant lead information in one single page, allowing you to easily follow up on the lead, update their info and successfully convert them into a sale.
- Full control over your accounts and contacts: By creating a central repository of your customers, SuiteCRM provides you with a 360-degree view of all important activities, as well as rich history. You get an overview of all accounts, contacts, open/closed opportunities and more so that you can drive value and detect new sales.
- Never miss a sale again: In SuiteCRM all your opportunities are well organized, and the ease of managing them allows you to spend your time on closing opportunities and generating revenue! Get the most out of your sales funnel.
- Increase efficiency with Automation: The powerful workflow module allows you to create business logic that evaluates records as they are created and updated, and determines if an automated action needs to occur. As your business grows, and the amount of data that has to be monitored increases, workflow becomes your perfect ally to maximize the efficiency of your business processes.
- Sales reporting: Real-Time dashboard reporting gives you visibility of key insights and the sales pipeline. The advanced reporting module allows you to create your own custom reports, which can be loaded into your own dashboards.
Improve marketing, grow the interest in your product or service and provide sales with better leads.
- SuiteCRM for marketing: With SuiteCRM you can create campaigns, send out mailings, automate marketing tasks and see the results in reports. Improve your marketing, grow the interest in your product or service and send better leads over to sales.
- Generate new leads: Use the web form template Wizard to create embeddable forms to capture leads on your website, assigning them automatically to the right campaign. Capture and understand where your leads are coming from will help you improve the customer journey.
- Nurture your existing leads: Create lists of prospective or existing customers, and nurture them with newsletters, emails, and non-emails campaigns. Use the powerful newsletter editor to create stunning emails, and monitor the results of your campaign in real time.
- Marketing automation: Use the Workflow module to automatically add leads to the right campaign, and to deliver the right message at the right time. Automatically detect leads that qualify for sales, and assign them to the right sales agent, tailored to your own business logic.
- Third party integrations: Using marketing tools like Mautic, Mailchimp or others? SuiteCRM comes with a powerful API, and there are many plugins available. Create a seamless integration with the tools you use and get the best of both worlds.
SuiteCRM for services
With SuiteCRM you can deliver the best service to your customers with less effort. Use the Cases module for efficient and organized communication with your clients and incorporate template responses to save time.
All the customer communication is saved in the CRM, providing you with a complete overview of the provided service, and the ability to detect where you can improve.
- Provide support with ease: Use the Cases module in SuiteCRM to efficiently manage interactions with customers when they ask for help or advice, for example in a Sales or Support function. Provide support faster and easier, and keep your customers happy.
- Customer self-service portal: The self-service portal allows you to manage all your customer issues through an easy to set up and use website. Your service teams will be instantly notified of customers issues and your customers will automatically be informed as soon as their issues have been dealt with.
- Save time: Create template responses for Cases with the Knowledge Base Module, and save time on responding to customers.
- Improve your products: Turn the feedback from your customers into trackable bugs, helping you to efficiently improve your products.
Easy implementation and powerful admin tools will engage the IT department.
- Full control: With SuiteCRM you are in full control of your own CRM. You decide where you deploy the CRM, on-premise or in a cloud, and you have full control over all the data and code. SuiteCRM is deservedly described as the world’s most popular open source CRM.
- Powerful admin tools: Easily customize the CRM to fit the needs of your company. Use the Studio to create custom module fields, layouts, and relationships, and use the extremely powerful Security Suite Group Management feature to control what your users can access, locking down sensitive data to specific groups or teams.
- Integration with other software: The Rest API allows you to seamlessly integrate the CRM with other software in your company, creating a highly efficient and robust IT environment that enables the company to focus on their core activities.
- The safe choice: SuiteCRM is fully featured, robust, scalable and open source, making it the best CRM on the market. Unlike other CRM’s there are no limits on the number of users or features, and there is no vendor lock-in. Starting with SuiteCRM, or migrating from another CRM to SuiteCRM, is the safe choice that will save you money and time.
What is SuiteASSURED?
SuiteASSURED is a fully supported, discrete build of SuiteCRM, created to provide total care for enterprise-class customers and other large organizations.
It is separately maintained, tested and product-managed and is accompanied by a legal agreement that delivers indemnities, warranties, support and performance guarantees.
With SuiteASSURED you get:
- The freedoms, quality, and innovation of open source
- The security, warranties, and indemnities of proprietary software
- User and technical support, training, consulting and custom development
All SuiteCRM features
Modules: Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, Calendar, Cases, Documents, Emails, Campaigns, Calls, Meetings, Tasks, Notes, Products, Product, Categories, Contracts, Knowledge Base, Report Generator, Workflow, Projects, Invoices (experimental modules removed)
- Established Community
- Fully Scalable
- On-site and Off-site deployment
- Open Source AGPL License
- Extensive support: With SuiteASSURED you get a number of total care hours (depending on your number of users) to spend freely on the user and technical support, training, consulting and custom development, provided by SalesAgility, combined with easily accessible online resources. This will enable your business to use the CRM in the most efficient way and quickly resolve any issue.
- Reduced Code Base: Code that is deemed “experimental” is removed from SuiteASSURED leaving only the robust, mature functionality, guaranteeing greater stability.
- Enhanced security: SuiteASSURED is subject to regular vulnerability scanning and penetration testing by the internal product development team and by independent, accredited third-party code security partners. Vulnerability and penetration testing occur throughout the development lifecycle for all releases.
- Indemnifications: SuiteASSURED indemnifications include (i) replacing any infringing portion of the software, (ii) modifying the software so that its use becomes non-infringing, or (iii) obtaining the rights necessary for a customer to continue use of the software without interruption.
- Patent Protections: SalesAgility is members of Open Invention Network (OIN). OIN is the largest patent non-aggression community in history and supports freedom of action in Linux and Linux-related systems and applications as a key element of open source software. OIN acquires patents and licenses them royalty free to its community members.
- Warranties: SuiteASSURED warrants that the copyrights in the software are owned by or have been licensed to SalesAgility and we have the right to distribute the Software (copyright warranty). Further warranties state that the software is free from significant programming errors and defects in workmanship (quality warranty).