New Relic Infrastructure provides flexible, dynamic server monitoring. Infrastructure empowers modern operations teams to make intelligent decisions about complex systems, from a physical data center to thousands of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) or Microsoft Azure instances.
Real-time metrics and powerful analytics reduce your mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) by connecting changes in host performance to changes in your configuration. Hosts are automatically added and removed from the interface as they are created and destroyed, and a powerful Events page lets you see every change.
The Infrastructure UI covers your entire architecture:
- Unified performance charts combine all your hosts into a single view.
- Filter sets let you isolate the components most relevant to you, such as a particular Amazon EC2 region or a custom attribute identifying a dev team.
- Inventory lets you track and search every package on every host.
- Integrated alerting ensures you are notified about problems relevant to you or your team before they become critical situations.
Infrastructure Monitoring Features
Dynamic server monitoring features in New Relic Infrastructure give you real-time metrics to help you check the health of your ever-changing infrastructure environment.
Real-time health metrics for all your systems.
- Metrics and Events Correlation: Decrease MTTR with an instant correlation of both real-time health metrics and configuration change events to know what’s changed and its impact on the health of your services and systems.
- Host Health Metrics in Real-time: Full visibility into how your host is performing, sorted by the host traits you care about. Infrastructure collects and displays health metrics such as CPU, Load, Memory, etc. at the host level, as well as individual Process, Network, and Storage level. Additionally, apply filters based on tags, metadata and custom attribute that allow you to slice-and-dice into a subset of the infrastructure and view metrics for those.
- Docker Container Monitoring: See detailed views of the processes running within containers and track container versions. Monitor your containerized infrastructure in a single view, with the ability to filter by Image, Labels, and host tags.
Dashboards and Alerting
Tag-driven alerting and dashboarding for all your dynamic resources.
- Flexible Alerting: Use tags and custom metadata to scale your critical alerts dynamically as hosts change. Create Alerts based on host attributes and EC2 tags that dynamically get associated with hosts in your ever-changing infrastructure. This frees you from having to re-configure your alerts every time you make a change to the hosts in your environments.
- Access your Host Data in Insights: All your Infrastructure data is available in Insights, allowing you to create actionable dashboards for full-stack visibility. You can also instantly pin a chart from Infrastructure into an Insights dashboard or run detailed queries to build a customized single pane of glass for a key service or cluster.
The full search of all your hosts that makes it easy to find vulnerable packages—or anything else—in seconds.
- Live-state Change and Event Tracking: See all the changes in your infrastructure to diagnose root cause with a live event feed that includes changes to hosts, services, processes, config files, kernel settings, etc. Narrow down to a specific time-frame and expand the events to view a detailed description of what’s changed.
- Searchable Inventory: Powerful search allows you to find vulnerable packages and other inventory items quickly, so you can know what’s installed where at all times. New Relic Infrastructure’s Inventory feature allows you to see the precise picture of what’s installed across your entire infrastructure. This makes it easy to find an outdated package within seconds, along with a complete list of the hosts it is installed on.
Full Stack Monitoring
When you combine APM and Infrastructure monitoring with the data-analysis capabilities of Insights, you can easily track changes in your infrastructure that could affect your applications.
- APM + Infrastructure Correlation: Bring application and infrastructure datasets together to help you deploy and manage stable applications. Correlate your application metrics (throughput, error rate, response time) with your host metrics and change events to get a holistic view of your entire stack and the interdependencies.
Optimize your cloud infrastructure performance and efficiency to deliver the best experience for your customers.
- Native AWS EC2 Tag Support: Dissect your hosts by any key AWS attribute—role, tier, AZ, datacenter, or any custom EC2 tag to find the data you need. Our agent automatically imports all your EC2 metadata and tags, so that you can monitor your instances in the same dynamic nature as the hosts in your datacenter.
- AWS Services Integrations: Infrastructure Pro allows you to monitor the health and any recent changes affecting many popular AWS Services (CloudFront, DynamoDB, EBS, ElastiCache, ELB, IAM, Kinesis, RDS, SNS, SQS, and VPC). Additionally, you get pre-configured Insights dashboards for each service with the ability to create dynamic alerting.
Other key features
New Relic Infrastructure also includes these features:
New Relic Insights support
With access to New Relic Insights, you can:
Query your Infrastructure events and build custom dashboards in Insights.
Select existing Infrastructure charts, analyze the NRQL data and share the Infrastructure charts with others. (No need to “reinvent the wheel” and recreate the existing Infrastructure chart from scratch.)
New Relic APM integration
If you have New Relic APM installed on Infrastructure-monitored hosts, APM data will show up in Infrastructure. This gives you the ability to troubleshoot performance issues, no matter where the issue occurs: server-side or application-side.
The Inventory page allows you to search across your entire infrastructure, to find exactly which of your hosts contain particular packages, config files, or startup scripts. For example, you could search for hosts containing versions of OpenSSL affected by the Heartbleed security bug.
Infrastructure Events track config changes, restarts, SSH sessions, and other key event changes to each of your hosts. A real-time feed gives you a changelog for your entire infrastructure.
- Near real-time data
- Infrastructure securely collects and displays your data in five seconds, so your monitoring never lags behind reality.
- Alert conditions created directly from relevant chartsYou can create, view, or update alert settings directly from the relevant Infrastructure chart. For example, if you want to be notified when New Relic has stopped receiving data from an Infrastructure agent, you can create a host not reporting alert condition.
The associated alert policy respects your current filter set, so you can create alert conditions tailored to specific teams, services, or components in your environment. New Relic Alerts automatically adds new instances to matching alert conditions, so you don’t need to manually tweak existing alert policies.
Other UI features
In addition to the Hosts, Inventory, and Events pages used in the core workflow, Infrastructure includes other tools to manage your systems:
- Processes: View CPU performance across your systems, create CPU-based alerts, and discover which of your hosts have high or low load.
- Network: View network load across your systems, compare load balances, and view your most common network errors.
- Storage: View disk usage across your systems, set disk-based alerts, and plan for future storage capacity.
Why New Relic?
Life’s too short for bad software. We live by this mantra and endeavor to make it easy for you to understand and improve the relationships between your applications, your customers, and your business. Don’t take our word for it—our customers let us know all the time.
Think of our analytics engine as an awesomely clever member of your team. It works tirelessly, revealing truths about every part of your software nearly instantaneously—from the performance of your applications to the experiences of your customers to how all of it impacts your bottom line. Impressive.
New Relic makes it possible to trust the cloud with your business data. Our security program—people, process, and privacy—is designed to protect your sensitive information.